Smarter Science Better Buildings
The Smarter Science Better Buildings (SSBB) program is a partnership between the SES and the Western Development Museum (WDM) focusing on energy efficient homes. Designed to meet outcomes in the grade 7 Science, Heat, and Temperature unit, students visit one of the four WDMs in Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, North Battleford, Yorkton, and Moose Jaw) or a location in Prince Albert (TBA) for a half-day program. SSBB combines interactive displays specific to energy efficiency in buildings, with inquiry into the energy efficiency of the historical buildings at each site.
With generous support from SaskEnergy and Prince Albert and Area Community Foundation, SES is offering bus subsidies to select SSBB schools. To register for the program and the subsidy, please contact the WDM directly.
- WDM Saskatoon / January 25–February 18, 2022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- WDM Moose Jaw / March 1–11, 2022 / email@example.com
- WDM Yorkton / March 22–April 1, 2022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prince Albert Science Centre / April 11–14, 2022 / PA is cancelled for 2022
- WDM North Battleford / May 9–27, 2022 / email@example.com