25 Acts of Energy Conservation
25 Acts of Energy Conservation is a K to 12, province-wide action campaign that promotes energy conservation all school year, culminating in a month of daily activities between Earth and Earth Day (March 21 to April 25, 2016).
- Learn about and take action to conserve energy or water, or reduce waste.
- Register now, begin inquiry and action projects, create videos or presentations, and submit your campaign to be entered to win up to $1000 for your school.
- 25 Acts of Energy Conservation is supported with campaign ideas, lessons, and daily announcements.
- SES is partnering with the Saskatchewan Science Centre to present this campaign, and it is sponsored by SaskEnergy, SARCAN, and The Co-operators.
- Choose an action project that conserves energy, water, or reduces waste. Learn about it, take action on it, and document your journey.
- Take part in our 25 Acts of Energy Conservation webcast at the Saskatchewan Science Centre in 2016. Register here!
- DCS Lessons – See all of our energy, water and waste lessons.
- Calendar of Campaign Ideas
- Daily Announcements – Use these detailed announcements and connecting lessons to choose a campaign, or to make the month a celebration of how to care for our environment.
- 25 Acts PowerPoint – use in class and on school TVs. (Also a PDF version of presentation.)
- 25 Acts News – Keep up with what is happening in the campaign.
Submissions will be accepted soon! Find a creative way to tell us what you did and what you accomplished. There are lots of choices: a video, power point presentation, blog, webpage, or PDF of photos and description. Submit your campaign information between November 1 and April 26, 2016. (To be considered for prizes, entries, including all descriptive materials like videos, PDFs, or other, must be submitted by the final date of the contest, April 25, 2016. Two entries will be chosen for prizes of $1000. The Co-operators are supporting two science experience prizes with the Saskatchewan Science Centre (value $500 each). Eight entries will be chosen for prizes of $200.
Choosing your 25 Acts of Energy Conservation project:
- One campaign where students, your class, or school choose to conserve energy or water, or reduce waste. It can be an inquiry and action project done anytime in the 2015/16 school year. Document what you did, and what you accomplished.
- Do one or many of the daily or weekly acts of conservation from our calendar of ideas. Be sure to take video and/or photos of spirit days of your acts of conservation.
- Use our daily announcements to promote saving energy, water, and reducing waste in your school and at home. Challenge each other or another school to participate in 25 Acts of Energy Conservation in the month between Earth Hour and Earth Day (March 21 to April 25).
- Your project doesn’t have to take place during our earth month. Inquiry projects about renewable energy, local foods, or any other environmental projects you might be working on are fine, if they have an action component. Learn about the issues, and then choose an action that helps. Remember to document your journey and submit your entry between November 1 and April 25, 2016.
- Check out the great examples of past winners and challenge each other to participate in 25 Acts of Energy Conservation between March 21 and April 25!