25 Acts of Energy Conservation
25 Acts of Energy Conservation is a K to 12, province-wide energy conservation campaign. Schools take action to conserve energy or water, or reduce waste to be entered to win up to $1000.
Two Ways to Win
1. Random Draws:
- Take action in your school to conserve energy or water, or reduce waste.
- Post a photo of the action you took here. Post up to 5 times/draw.
- Your school will be entered in a draw for either $500 or a science experience with the Saskatchewan Science Centre.
- Prizes will be drawn in November, January, February, March, and April.
- Only actions posted in the draw month will be included in the draw.
View the entries for this year’s 25 Acts random draws here.
2. Judged Submission:
- By April 28, 2017 submit your application along with a description of your school’s actions, results, and impact. (Include at least one of: a slide, video, or PDF.)
- Submissions will be judged based on these criteria: the action, learning and results, and the clear and creative communication of the project. See rubric here.
- 25 Acts of Energy Conservation is supported with campaign ideas, lessons, and daily announcements. Related resources are on the right hand side of the page.
- Sign up to receive emails with action ideas, links to learning resources, and information on how schools around Saskatchewan are conserving.
- Take part in our 25 Acts of Energy Conservation webcast at the Saskatchewan Science Centre in 2017. Registration info is available here. Enjoy our 2016 webcast at the Saskatchewan Science Centre.